The first hearty groups returned yesterday and today—happy to have been the pioneers, all have had their fill of Lake Trout!
- A mother moose gave birth to twins on the shore of Rib Lake-
- Tuscarora was frozen to the edges on Friday so John Ewerts group floated/towlined their canoes along the shore (where they couldn’t paddle) to the Little Sag portage. Tuscarora is all open now.
- Fishing was great in the Peter/Gabi/Gillis areas. John Ohman’s group really enjoyed the views around Peter–their favorite part of the trip. He called it a mountain lake—and can’t wait to come back and explore. The moose are plentiful, the scenery is so different. They loved that.
- On Friday Gillis was also an ice adventure to paddle—and they could only get through on the north side of the lake to the French Lake portage.
- A few sunburns, stories of a snowy Saturday morning, unanimously happy campers.