Tuscarora Lodge and Outfitters is near the city of Grand Marais, MN, which is about two hours from Duluth, Minnesota. We are located 47 miles up the Gunflint Trail, a two lane paved road that travels through the Superior National Forest. Plan about one hour of travel time after you leave Grand Marais. Have your camera ready and drive carefully since you’ll probably come across moose, deer, bear or other critters. We are located on the west/left side of the Gunflint Trail. Turn onto County Road 47/Round Lake Road and travel one more mile. Tuscarora Lodge is the only lodge on Round Lake.
- Take Highway 61 (North Shore Drive) from Duluth to Grand Marais.
- Follow Highway 61 through Grand Marais until you see the Gunflint Trail sign.
- Take a left, and follow the Gunflint Trail for 47 miles until you come to the Tuscarora Lodge and Outfitters sign (at County Road 47) that will direct you to Round Lake Road.
National Scenic Byways
Did you know that the drive along the north shore of Lake Superior and the drive up the Gunflint Trail are both National Scenic Byways? Plan on taking your time on your way to and from Tuscarora for some excellent side adventures! More information on things to do on the drive can be found below.
- Visit Cook County – National Scenic Byways
- Superior Scenic Byways
- North Shore Scenic Byway
- Gunflint Trail Scenic Byway
- Minnesota State Parks and Waysides
Duluth International Airport – After arriving at the airport, you will need to drive an additional 3 1/2 hours to arrive at Tuscarora
- Airport Information – http://www.duluthairport.com/
- Car Rental Information – http://www.duluthairport.com/airport-car.php
Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport – After arriving at this airport, you will need to drive an additional 6 hours to arrive at Tuscarora.
- Airport Information – http://www.mspairport.com/
- Car Rental Information – http://www.mspairport.com/GroundTransportation/car-rentals.aspx
Grand Marais Cook County Airport – Small local airport for those of you who like to fly yourselves. After arriving at the airport, you will need to drive an additional hour to arrive at Tuscarora.
- Airport Information – http://www.boreal.org/airport/
Thunder Bay International Airport – If you have a passport, this Canadian airport is another option for flying into our area. After arriving, you will need to drive an additional 3 hours to arrive at Tuscarora.