Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness Canoe Routes
|Seagull Lake Base Camp
|Sandy beaches, day trip options, great trip with kids
|Long Island Base Camp
|Great campsites, easy portages, good beginner trip
|Horseshoe Lake Base Camp
|Moose viewing opportunities, easy portages, good for kids
|Red Rock Loop
|Excellent fishing, few portages, great beginner loop
|Waterfalls, great for serious anglers
|Saganaga Lake Only
|Base camp trip, no portages, great campsites
|Snipe Lake Loop
|Beautiful scenery, small lakes
|Seagull Lake to Saganaga Lake (Border Route)
|Grand slam fishing, larger lakes, classic BWCA scenery
|Tuscarora West Routes (Missing Link to Brant)
|Great spring lake trout fishing, beautiful campsites
|Cross Bay Lake to Poplar
|Moose viewing opportunities, adaptable route
|Frost River Loop
|Rugged, remote, beautiful
|Round Lake to Seagull Lake
Quetico Provincial Park Canoe Routes
|Saganagons Lakes to Boundary Point Base Camp
|Great fishing base camp route
|Wawiag River/Mack Lake Loop
|Remote, rugged, challenging. Great fishing.
|Falls Chain to Kawnipi Lake
|Beautiful waterfalls, world-class walleye fishing
|Beautiful campsites, moderate to challenging trip
|Agnes Lake Loop
|9 – 14
|Long trip, stunning scenery, great fishing
As you and your group decide on a canoe route, consider these questions:
- How long is your trip?
- How many people are in your group?
- What are the ages and fitness levels of your group members?
- Have you been to the BWCA/Quetico before?
- How many hours a day do you plan to travel?
- How often are you willing to portage?
- Are you looking to base camp or travel every day?
- Do you want to fish? What species of fish are you looking for?
- Do you prefer larger lakes or smaller water?
- Are you looking for moose? waterfalls? pictographs?
Give us a call or shot us an email at any time with any canoe route questions you have. Give us a call at 218-388-2221 or 1-800-544-3843 and together we’ll create the perfect canoe trip route for your group.