Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness Canoe Routes
|Seagull Lake Base Camp||2+||Sandy beaches, day trip options, great trip with kids|
|Long Island Base Camp||2+||Great campsites, easy portages, good beginner trip|
|Horseshoe Lake Base Camp||2+||Moose viewing opportunities, easy portages, good for kids|
|Red Rock Loop||2-3||Excellent fishing, few portages, great beginner loop|
|Granite River||4||Waterfalls, great for serious anglers|
|Saganaga Lake Only||4||Base camp trip, no portages, great campsites|
|Snipe Lake Loop||1-4||Beautiful scenery, small lakes|
|Seagull Lake to Saganaga Lake (Border Route)||4-5||Grand slam fishing, larger lakes, classic BWCA scenery|
|Tuscarora West Routes (Missing Link to Brant)||4-7||Great spring lake trout fishing, beautiful campsites|
|Cross Bay Lake to Poplar||4-7||Moose viewing opportunities, adaptable route|
|Frost River Loop||4||Rugged, remote, beautiful|
|Round Lake to Seagull Lake||5-10||Personal favorite|
Quetico Provincial Park Canoe Routes
|Saganagons Lakes to Boundary Point Base Camp||4||Great fishing base camp route|
|Wawiag River/Mack Lake Loop||6-8||Remote, rugged, challenging. Great fishing.|
|Falls Chain to Kawnipi Lake||5-7||Beautiful waterfalls, world-class walleye fishing|
|Man Chain||7||Beautiful campsites, moderate to challenging trip|
|Agnes Lake Loop||9 – 14||Long trip, stunning scenery, great fishing|
As you and your group decide on a canoe route, consider these questions:
- How long is your trip?
- How many people are in your group?
- What are the ages and fitness levels of your group members?
- Have you been to the BWCA/Quetico before?
- How many hours a day do you plan to travel?
- How often are you willing to portage?
- Are you looking to base camp or travel every day?
- Do you want to fish? What species of fish are you looking for?
- Do you prefer larger lakes or smaller water?
- Are you looking for moose? waterfalls? pictographs?
Give us a call or shot us an email at any time with any canoe route questions you have. Give us a call at 218-388-2221 or 1-800-544-3843 and together we’ll create the perfect canoe trip route for your group.