- Drizzle at Tuscarora this morning. High humidity, good news for the fire fighting efforts–looks like this may be another quiet fire day.
- They are working successfully to contain the “finger” of the fire extending south of the Gunflint Trail—in the Rush Lake area near Poplar Lake. (http://www.mnics.org/Incidents/incidents.shtml)
- Power is being restored all the way up the Gunflint Trail,-to properties that were not damaged.
- The Canadians are working to protect structures on Red Pine Island on the east end of Saganaga. Apparently they are working on back burns in Red Sucker Bay and Northern Lights Lake.
- Nancy Seaton tells me these plants are called Crooked Stalks.
May 15, 2007